Here at Shustoke we offer a variety of training courses to suit all people from complete beginners to those who are competent but would like to improve racing skills and knowledge.
Whatever you are looking for, we are sure we can accommodate your needs. We also have open days and offer taster sessions to see if sailing is something you would be interested in taking up. Click here for more information on open days and taster sessions.
Reasons to learn to sail at Shustoke:
- Friendly club with many social aspects and full sailing programme
- Shustoke SC is an approved RYA Training Centre
- Qualified instructors teach sailing skills to both juniors and adults
- No previous experience is necessary
- Range of training dinghies for differing ages
- Buoyancy aids provided
- Follow-up informal coaching provided after the courses
- Excellent opportunities to get "stuck in" and join in the sailing
"Early Bird" Adult Start Sailing Level 1 Course: Introduction Fri 3rd May 2019 (evening) followed by Sat 11th May and Sun 12th May
"Early Bird" Adult Basic Skills Level 2 Course: Sat 18th May 2019 and Sat 25th May 2019
"Balmy Breeze" Adult & Junior Training: Mon 12th Aug 2019 to Thur 15th May 2019 with general sailing Fri 16th May 2019
Autumn Adult & Junior Training: may be offered if there is sufficient demand.
Please note that Club Membership is required to join our training courses.
For more information about our training courses, Membership and Course Fees, Application Forms and our Child Protection Policies please click to view and download the following documentation:
Last updated 20:06 on 30 April 2019